Suffering bad breath, often unconsciously by the person who suffers it, is a disadvantage and a problem in our social relationships, but, above all, it is a symptom that something is happening in our mouth.
If you have followed our Healthy Smiles blog you will know that we have talked about this matter on occasion, and it is without a doubt that it is a subject that affects us all at some point.
More than 50% of people suffer from halitosis at some point in their life
Causes of bad breath
The causes of bad breath are multiple, however these are the most common:
- Have poor oral hygiene habits
- Eating the wrong way through a bad diet are the most common causes of bad breath
- Decaying food residue particles in our mouth
- A previous illness
- Tobacco and alcohol
And it is that having a white smile, despite being very important, is not everything.
For this reason, it is very important that we take complete care of our oral hygiene.
How to avoid bad breath
If we already know the most common causes of bad breath, let’s learn how to combat each of them.
In short, the two main causes of bad breath are inadequate or incomplete oral hygiene and a poor diet.
Remember that it is important to include foods that are beneficial for good oral health in your diet.
In addition, your oral hygiene is essential and essential to have a healthy, beautiful mouth and good fresh breath.
To do this, follow these three steps.
1. Brush your teeth at least twice a day. Upon awakening and before sleeping. Despite this, it is best to do it after each meal. Remember to choose a toothpaste that protects your enamel from erosion and cavities. Also, do not forget that its composition contains ingredients that help you eliminate bacterial plaque, tartar and strengthen your gums. Our recommendation: Yotuel Pharma.
2. Dental floss. Floss at least once a day. The best time is before brushing before going to sleep.
3. Rinse your mouth. Using a mouthwash is a very important step if you want to take care of your mouth and avoid having bad breath. You can use the mouthwash after each brushing. Our recommendation: YOTUEL Mouthwash, without biocides, alcohol or detergent, is the perfect complement for perfect oral hygiene
In addition to all this, we remind you again of the importance of having a good diet, going to the dentist at least once or twice a year and avoiding bad habits such as smoking, clenching your teeth, biting your nails, etc.
Do you want to know more interesting tips about your breath and oral health? Keep reading our Healthy Smiles blog.