The smile is one of the most important emotional signs. We smile when we are happy, when we feel good and when we are comfortable.
Having yellow teeth is one of the most common factors when it comes to caring for dental aesthetics. Bear in mind that adult teeth are not white, like milk teeth. The colour depends largely on genetics, since there are people who have whiter teeth than others.
However, there are several factors that contribute to yellowing or stained teeth. Among the main causes we can find:
● Food. It is proven that coffee, tea, or soft drinks can stain your teeth.
● Tobacco. Nicotine leaves residues on the teeth that end up darkening them.
● Time. With age, the enamel of the teeth becomes worn and loses density.
● Poor dental hygiene. Not brushing your teeth, or not brushing them well, using inappropriate or aggressive products that damage tooth enamel, are proven causes of yellow teeth.
There may also be environmental and health factors that contribute to darkening of teeth.
How to prevent yellow teeth and whiten your smile?
1. It is essential to take care of dental hygiene every day, brushing your teeth at least three minutes after each meal with a whitening toothpaste. With this we manage to eliminate residues of the teeth, strengthen the enamel, strengthen the defences of our mouth, prevent diseases and also, of course, have whiter teeth.
2. Use dental floss or interdental brushes for further cleaning.
3. Cut down on foods that stains your teeth and try (if you’re a smoker) to smoke as little as possible.
4. Change your toothbrush frequently, since a brush that is worn does not clean the teeth well. As soon as the bristles open, it’s time to replace your toothbrush with a new one.
5. Use products that help you have whiter teeth, like the Yotuel whitening pen. It whitens light spots and also protects the enamel and gums.
You already see that there are many things you can do to improve the appearance of your smile and prevent yellow teeth in a healthy and natural way. Because remember that the most important thing for a smile to look happy is that, in addition to being beautiful, it is a healthy smile.